memories slideshow

Thursday, January 06, 2005

I cant believe I forgot this!

My Dad just refuses to get a Christmas tree, every year we mention it, every year we go without a tree. Honestly, its okay with me generally, they are nice and all, but living tree's are expensive and killing a tree for a few weeks pleasure just doesn't really feel right to me anymore either, so I don't pick on him much about it.

However, this year we had a lot of people coming over for Christmas Day and I'd like to share a little conversation.

I am in the back seat of my Dad's new truck (very comfy and very nice) and he is driving myself, and my Stepmom to my Stepsisters for Christmas Eve dinner.

P: We have to get a Christmas tree, we are having a Christmas party for goodness sake!
D: No, we do not need a tree.
P: We NEED a tree.
D: Where are we going to put a tree? There is no room, so no tree... you tell me where you want to put the tree, and we will go get one

At this point, I snort with laughter, as does my Stepmom, and my Dad suddenly realizes what he has just said, when I say, I think she knows exactly where she would like to stick it! :O)

No comments: