memories slideshow

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

things I have been thinking about

Your answer, as requested...

Yesterday was not a pleasant day on two fronts:

Professionally, my co-workers and I have been waiting for some big announcements, that supposedly would mean positive changes for us worker bee types. Knowing we had an all staff meeting planned for the morning, we all assumed this is when we would finally hear them, but...not so much. Additionally, the entire message just seemed generally negative to the folks who work their asses off and seemed to depress and irritate most of the staff, which just cast a little dark cloud over the office all day.

Then personally, I became friends with my neighbor "barbie" when I first moved to my little town, that I affectionately call "The U". Without going in to details that would be mean and likely hurtful should she ever come across it, I will just say that she seems to be going through something right now and apparently, quite irrationally has decided to take it out on me. She said some very spiteful and hurtful things to me last night, that were absolutely not justified. And even though a good chunk of them were not only untrue, but totally imagined and I probably shouldn't care... it didn't feel very good. I don't think I can be her friend any longer, and it does make me sad, a little bit like a break up. I hope her life improves and that she stops driving people away who care about her, but I really can't help and will not be abused. So thats, that.

The point being, that all day yesterday I was pretty stressed out and thinking very negative things. By last night, I was physically ill and in tears, it all just snowballed in to bad negative energy creating more bad negative energy and experiences. This morning, I made a decision to let it all go, no matter what, and to concentrate on enjoying my day and feeling grateful for my blessings. Cheerful positive energy creating more cheerful positive energy and occurrences. I am happy to report that it has been a very nice day.

I have recently been reading an interesting book, that emphasizes that what we focus our thoughts on, creates feelings, and thus often creates experiences related to those thoughts and feelings. So, if you focus on unpleasant things, you have more unpleasant experiences and vice versa. Although it sounds and seems simple, it is really quite challenging, if for no other reason than so many of our thoughts are really unconscious and much of our inner dialogue tends to be negative. I have been struggling with all of this a bit lately, in an effort to create a more peaceful and abundant life. I prayed for a sign last night, and this morning I got the quote in my previous post, via email. Probably a coincidence, but it was meaningful to me.

So, I hope you all are thinking happy thoughts, having good experiences and enjoying your life! :O)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, no kidding you did have a tough day. :0)

* Inhale blue, Exhale ping *

If they don't appreciate your friend ship? your friendship should they not have.

A.

Leslie Wilson Corsbie said...

*and find your center*

Makes me think of the center of chocolate See's candy. Could be all squishy, gooey, or smooth, or chunky. But always SWEET.

Thanks Nettie for being a shinning star!