memories slideshow

Monday, July 28, 2008

Peace and love and light and joy

Generally, this is a way to share the bit of my life I am comfortable sharing publicly with my friends and family around the world to help us keep in touch. I tend to keep it light, just the more entertaining of the things I come across and the things I am up to. Occasionally though, I go a bit deeper. Today is one of those days.

Things have been a bit rough and its finally really getting to me. A friend of mine passed away last week, completely unexpectedly. 2 weeks before that, another friend was in a serious car accident with her family, and her Mother died at the scene. We are a small and very close community, these tragedies have hit us hard.

Everywhere I look these days, it seems there is just so much to be sad about, so much that breaks my heart, that I have no control over. It is easy to feel overwhelmed, even for me, someone who is well known for my typically cheerful - glass is half full type disposition. The many fires, smoke and ash, the people losing everything, the people in harms way trying to help, global warming, drought, the wars, the floods, the homeless, people starving, people losing their homes, people blowing themselves and others up, people harming children, the elderly and each other, the failing economy, the mundane day to day challenges...we sure have made life complicated and it has been far easier to see the uglier and more depressing of life, it's complicated mysteries and the less stellar side of human nature, lately.

Though there isn't much that I can directly do about most of it, I take and offer some comfort in the ways that I can. In my direct community, I am very active, involved and contributing. I strive to help anyone, in any way and whenever I can. Often, simply being there for someone in their time of need is enough, sometimes, it is just a small unexpected gesture, whatever it is, it most often feels a very small price for the reward of making a difference. Some of it, is literally the way I choose to live my life. Because I personally have lost so many people, I make it a point to tell the people I care about most, that I love and am grateful for them whenever we speak and try never to leave important things unsaid or allow small stupid things to fester. I try to smile at everyone I see, to be kind to everyone I come across, to really notice and pay attention to people as we interact. When I feel helpless over larger things, I retreat to the basics: invocation and counting blessings. I'd like to believe that when put out into the world, they have a little more power to affect a positive outcome.

Peace to all my relations
Love to all my relations
Comfort to all my relations
Grace to all my relations
Community to all my relations
Compassion to all my relations
Safety to all my relations
Health to all my relations
Joy to all my relations
Shelter to all my relations
Nourishment to all my relations
Gratitude to all my relations
Safe Harbor to all my relations
Rest to all my relations
Workable Solutions to all my relations
A Helping Hand to all my relations
A Compassionate Ear/Shoulder to all my relations
Friendship to all my relations
Help to all my relations
Faith to all my relations
Connection to all my relations
Beauty to all my relations
Light to all my relations
Blessings to all my relations
Respite to all my relations
Inspiration to all my relations

For everyone and anyone who is suffering today, may you find grace, peace and comfort.

For everyone and anyone who is experiencing joy today, may you share your blessings with another.

xoxoxo

No comments: