memories slideshow

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

somebody say hoe

Much activity in the front yard today, time for a new retaining wall, so they will be tearing out the very old and unstable wood and replacing it with shiny new concrete complete with proper drainage.

I think this is fantastic for a couple of reasons: with the current retaining wall failing, my house is beginning to lean not so gently forward - away from the foundation, then there are the three rather large and heavy starter castles just behind and above me built in to a rather steep hill that I'd like to ensure stay stable and in place and lastly, I am thinking it will look nice and fresh and maybe even allow me to do a little more with the front yard, and that would be lovely!

All that to say that there is a backhoe ripping up my font yard as I write this and boy is it noisy :)

No comments: