memories slideshow

Monday, January 30, 2006

Why I live here




I woke up yesterday morning in a quiet mood, wanting to do something other than stay at home, but not up for much interaction with others. It seemed like a good Sunday for breakfast, so I called my best friend and asked her if she felt like meeting me. We went to a nicer place that has Sunday brunch past 11am, complete with a grand piano and player and mimosa's. Since were close to my favorite hiking spot, we decided to head out there and do a little walking. It was just an amazing day out there, partly sunny, partly foggy, very still and calm, and so full of beautiful colors, almost every shade of blue, green and grey one could imagine. We walked along the bluff for a while and then found a spot to just kick back and watch the waves - which were huge and spraying water everywhere as it hit the rocks ashore. All told we were probably out there for about 3 hours, and it was just so good for the soul.

Next we decided to drive out to a spot on the other side of the county where you can take a back road out to a cliff that looks out over the entire county in every direction, it was breathtaking. Even with the fog rolling in, there was an incredible beauty to being surrounded by and slightly above marshmellowy clouds. It felt a little bit like stepping into heaven. (see picture above) I think in the future though, it might be better to make that trip in a four wheel drive, as opposed to a Honda Civic. :)

Next we stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get some salad and other items to complete what I had at home to make dinner. To my shock, it was only 5:30pm when I got home. We did all that I described above, and all the driving in between in like 5 hours, and it felt like I had been to 2 different countries. Just one of many reasons that I love living here, that you can do so much, see so much, have so many adventures, in just one day. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are always full of colorful adventures

A,