memories slideshow

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

it all happened on willow creek

ok, seriously - the weirdest stuff happens at my house!

so about a month ago, very late one night, I had two friends over and as we were sitting around my livingroom chatting, I hear a womans voice cry out "please help me, I need help!" I leap out of my seat and go to the door to find this chick bawling and kind of freaking out. Turns out she lives in town but was driving from visiting family in the valley and her car broke down a little ways from my house. We get no cell signal on this road, so she couldn't reach her husband for help. I agreed to take her home and only realized when pulling back into my driveway that she left her car in the middle of the road! There are no streetlights and people hall ass on that road, someone is going to hurt. So, not knowing what else to do, we grabbed a super flashlight to shine on the car should someone drive up and called the police to have it towed out of harms way. Before the police could arrive the woman and her husband finally showed back up and we all helped to move the car off to the side of the road. - so random

then, I come home on a sunday evening about 2 weeks ago, after being at the beach all day and there are two sherrif cars blocking my driveway - my first thought is "uh-oh someone broke into my house again" then i notice a car pulled to the side of the road so I figure they are arresting someone for DUI or something. The officer (who is my neighbor and who helped me when I did get robbed) apologies profusely for blocking me and askes if I would mind parking down the road until they are done...2 hours later they finally left.

then today, as I am walking out to get my mail, this dude just walks up and says "excuse me maam, I am so sorry to bother you but my girlfriend and I are staying at the RV park down the street, trying to find a place to move here and we ran out of water, could we pull up the RV and borrow your hose, I will gladly pay you." I have to say this really goes down as one of the stranger requests I have ever received. It seemed the neighborly/good samaritan thing to do to say yes, so I did. And he and his girlfriend are out there now filling up the water tank.

Apparently there is a sign somewhere above my house that I can't see that says "hey, stop here." so random, so funny!

No comments: