memories slideshow

Friday, July 14, 2006

Where is that girl? Many updates...

Well, I am still settling into the new job and trying to create some type of routine I can plan around. I have been to the bay area 4 times in the past month, which in some ways has been great but also I am a little sick of driving, being in the car generally and of not sleeping in my own bed.

This will be only my second full week of working at home. I do however, really like the new job, the team is made up of a group of very talented folks that have been really nice. I am struggling a little with learning all the new internal stuff, but feeling more competent as each day passes. Since making the transition, the reduction of day to day stress in my life is definately the biggest bonus.

In my free time when actually home I have been golfing like a doctor, surfing like I'm sponsored, walking the beach barefoot as often as possible and just started Tai Chi classes again. Always the busy girl, and now that I work at home, I have a strong urge to be out of the house in my off time.

4th of July here this year was beyond fabulous, although the thousands of people who came to visit for the occasion were a little hard to deal with. Tourists, we love them, and we don't...but seriously, the sand castle contest was really cool this year, lots of great entries, the parade had a great turn out, lots of parade folks and lots of spectators. I actually got to be in the parade this year, which was so much fun, a totally different perspective than watching it from the sides - mostly that there are so many people that come to watch and line the streets, it was amazing. I enjoyed throwing candy out to the many kids along the parade route and seeing so many people smiling and waving. The only drawback is that when you are in the parade, you don't get to see as much of the people parading, so I wouldn't want to do it every year. The fireworks were great this year too, and not as many people set off their illegal ones on the beach so there was a lot less smoke to deal with and a much better view.

The weather has been wacky - the first two weeks of June were gorgeous, no gloom in sight and then it came back with a vengence and has been pretty gloomy through the rest of June and most of July so far (it was pretty clear on the 4th though). Now we are having monsoon weather, so even though in the valley just an hour or so away it is over 100, it has been raining here off and on all day, mostly cloudy but not as chilly as it normally would be when raining, staying at about 70 degrees. It actually reminds me of Hawaii, now if the water would warm up so we didn't have to wear wetsuits, well that would be paradise!

Lastly, I did post a few new pictures on Flickr since my last blog post, so check them out if you haven't noticed yet, and would like to. I have'nt been taking as many pictures lately, but I do have a few I need to get onto the computer and out to Flickr, and will soon post those and start shutterbugging again.

So thats the latest public news. Hope you are all having a good summer! :O)

1 comment:

Leslie Wilson Corsbie said...

Good to get an update!!

"...golfing like a doctor, surfing like I'm sponsored..." ha ha and good for you!!