memories slideshow

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A few things I miss about SF

I lived in San Francisco for 3 years and worked there
for a year before that, which is the longest I have
lived anywhere in my adult life, and ironic because at
heart, I am just not a city kid.

I like to go visit the city, and maybe that was part
of it, growing up, it was close enough that I could go
whenever I wanted. I had no deep longing to reside
there, and any magic I found when visiting, was mostly
diminished upon taking up residency.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it, I got to do and
see some really cool things while I was there, and I
am grateful for that. I just always felt kinda bad
because people would act like it was such an honor to
live there, and I just didn't love it that way.

Of course what I miss the very most are my loved ones
and friends that are still there...

But there are some things I miss and some memories on
my mind, if you have ever been to SF, hope these makes
you smile

walking to lunch everyday
potrero park
movies at the metreon and browsing the stores
walking thru the mission
procuitto sandwiches from the little deli on townsend
mars bar in the dotcom heydays
riding the carousel at YB park the first time I got
laid off
being shown ocean beach
the nice little family at M&M market
the view from my 4th floor office at folsom and 4th
rainbow grocerey
grace cathedrals labyrinth
touring churches to see architecture and art
lunch dates with My Dad & Brother
healthy deli's
indulging in a tourist day occasionally at pier 39
riding the ferry
hiking angel island
the candy store in sauselito
Eliza's
Edible chinese & thai food!!!
Webvan (man that was great!)
My garden at the purplehouse
diversity
community
liberal minded people
city hall at night
the bubble lounge
charles nob hill (the most decadent dinner in town)
breakfast at The Ramp
the parades & festivals
North Beach
Barfly Bingo at Sadies Flying Elephant


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaahhh, i too have good memories of the City life.