memories slideshow

Monday, November 22, 2004

my mind is at the beach

I highly recommend watching football with a bunch of
aging surfers, it may be one of the most entertaining
days I have ever witnessed in real life...think jeff
spicoli - (fast times at ridgemeont high) times 10
friends and add 15 - 20 years.

Some snippets of conversation overheard:

A: Dude, they suck dude
B: I know dude, I know, we had it man, they suck

B: What, oh my gawd, losers, dude, over it, over it,
dude - watch your mouth we got shorties, hey wheres
the snackies?

A: whats up B?
B: double fisted dude, tripped over "t" and bounced at
the tavey last night, elbow plant, worked it...epic
A: nice

B: dude, where's d-ray? seriously, did d-ray leave?
J: ummm, only about 3 hours ago
B: what!? what happened?
J: his chick did a drive by and kidnapped him so that
their 6 month old could babysit daddy
B: but its his birthday
J: ya, he thought he had the day off

D: Dude there is tang in my hair, or maybe its caviar,
I dont know but its really orange and really sticky,
whats up? Thirsty anyone?

2beermark: what you made more guacamole but no one got
chips? you guys are sharp!

BALerina: I guess they just stopped by to finish off
the beer...nice...wait they DID take Crazy, soooooo
small price!

AND THEN someone decided to teach the little ones
(ages 4 & 7) the fine art of the dice game 24
(typically a bar game)

Bjr: lets see you beat that! (says the 7 year old as
he smacks a solid 24 and lips up)

Bjr: Why can't I take his money dad, he said it was
okay
Bsr: How about because he is your little brother and
he cant even count yet, which kinda makes it unfair...

Toke: what, he rolled the kid? what a loser!! how much
money did he take kid...oh nevermind he gave it to
captain shane-o, so he really just rolled the bigger
kid for the littler one, nice!

The day ended with everyone gathering on the porch to
watch the sunset and hoping for a green flash - we are
so all about the green flash here, and yesterday truly
was a perfect day for it, so sunny, very crisp and no
clouds or fog, but alas, no flash

Brother Bal, thanks for a nice mellow sunny day, and
for helping me make some friends, this has been a
tough transition and I know I cramp your style! ;)

Toke, c'mon its not that bad, hanging out with a chick
just shouldn't seem THAT bad - don't hate, he still
loves you more

Calee, just thanks, especially for the "da bomb" intro
you 12th street butcher block boys are smiley

Barbie, so glad you are my neighbor

Haley, you go girl and how nice are you, the feast is
definately on.

It has taken almost 2 years, but I finally feel like I
live here, I am welcomed, and I have made a few nice
friends.


No comments: