memories slideshow

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Props

Every morning, on my way to work, for the first few miles I am along side the ocean and a bunch of vehicles parked haphazardly along the bluff. No surprise on the sunny mornings that people are out walking, fishing and surfing - but we have had a lot of mornings that are like 30 degrees or colder lately, and I just have to say that I am seriously impressed with the dedication.

Especially the surfers and kayakers, it has got to be unbelievably freezing cold. Surfers really don't get the respect they deserve as brave athletes, shot put (no offense) has got nothing on it.

If you haven't seen it, I highly reccommend the movie "Step Into Liquid" - I am pretty sure netflix has it - its a great fun documentary and it sheds a nice light on surfers and their culture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry XMAS JLS.

me said...

Thank you very much!! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & Happy Soltice to you and to all!