memories slideshow

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Wahine, why all the surf, sister?

Whats up with all the surf posts?

Well, there are good reasons for this.

First and foremost, I live in a very small coastal town, and a lot of the residents are surfers and several of my friends surf professionally. With only 20 businesses in town, at least 10 are directly related to surfing and water sports, and with hundreds of surfers along the beaches in our general area all day, it is pretty tough to ignore.

I have always been a beach girl, spending as much time near the ocean as possible, and thus have always been plugged in to surf and beach culture. These things alone could be explaination enough, but there is actually even more.

Without revealing anything that could get me fired, I work for a company that has just won a huge surf company account, and have spent the past few weeks logging over 8 hours a day on surfing sites and conducting market research. I literally eat, breath, think and sleep surf right now, so it is no wonder I can scarcely think of anything else to write about.

I am actually considering starting a site about the local surf life and culture here, so as to put all this knowledge to good personal use! :O)


No comments: