memories slideshow

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

horse meat = horse feathers

my brother left me a message the other day - he was apparently driving near an area we spent a lot of time growing up and called to tell me that he remembers our Dad telling us that Burger King served horsemeat in their hamburgers (it was just one of those dumb things you tease kids about innocently) but it stuck with my brother, and he called to say that some 20 years later he still can't really eat Burger King food, even though he knows that it isn't true.

It is funny the things that stick with kids, that make an impression. It is funny that we will hold on to things from childhood that we now know are completely unfounded.

I will not eat brown eggs. I am a total freak about organics and I cannot bring myself to eat anything other than a plain white egg. Why? Because when I was about 10, I ate a brown egg before going the movies, where I then ate peanut butter cups and half way through the movie I got violently ill. I was convinced it was the brown eggs, and have never knowingly eaten another one. I didn't eat peanut butter cups for a long time either, but those are such tempting little yummies I managed to get over them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can relate to that... John