memories slideshow

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

the picture I didn't get

At least 3 people asked me this weekend if I had seen the beautiful rainbow over our ocean at sunset on Friday, and then went on to explain in tantilizing but painful details about how beautiful it actually was, and how at one point it became a double rainbow.

I did not witness this seemingly perfect moment, I was either still at work or not close enough to home yet to see it. Every time I think of it, I have that twisting in the wind feeling, like I have lost something forever.

Realistically, it was only another sunset, another rainbow, more special only because they so rarely appear at the same time. But I missed it, like so many things that happen every day around me. I cannot shake the feeling that everything is all wrong, we have created a monstor that has enslaved us and ensures that we rarely enjoy JUST BEING ALIVE. Life moves at an incredible pace and I just keep feeling like I am missing it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess you need to slow down to smell the roses..