memories slideshow

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Mother's Day

I had not visited home in a pretty long time, my Mother was thrilled that I was going to visit for the holiday. She brought my sweet little Grandma out to brunch with us, who has been suffering with dementia at the least and Alzheimers at the worst.

I have gotten pretty used to her relentless repeated questions, heartbreaking and frusterating at times, but manageable. However, I was not prepared for the newest symptom, where sweet little granny says something absolutely outrageous.

For example, at one point she leans over to me and says"Hey, I have to tell you something Grandma to Granddaughter" (that should have been my first clue - she has never called herself grandma ever) when I leaned over she motioned to come even closer and said "this isn't for them" waving at the rest of my family.

The she says, completely matter of factly, "You know, you are gorgeous and you could make a lot of money, if you know what I mean..." then she winked and laughed, as I tried to process that my Italian Catholic Grandmother just told me I should probably get a job in the oldest profession in the world! Priceless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is just to funny....