memories slideshow

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

T-I-GG-E-R

I have been quite remiss in not mentioning the passing of my beloved Tigger, although I am sure the character will live on in Disneyland, Tigger without Paul Winchell is just not Tigger to me. Paul's voice was a HUGE part of my childhood, and Tigger has been a constant companion despite my attempts to outgrow him. Paul clearly spent his life entertaining and delighting children worldwide, he will be greatly missed.

"The wonderful thing about Tiggers, is Tiggers are wonderful things. Thier tops are made out of rubber, their bottoms are made out of springs. they're bouncy, flouncy, pouncy - fun, fun, fun, fun, fun - but the most wonderful thing about Tiggers, is I 'm the only one!"

USA Today Article - This article has a lot of interesting info, I didn't realize he was also a patented inventor!

Paul Winchell aka Tigger - Dec. 21, 1922-June 26, 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh that sucks. you still memember Tigger's song. reading it is not as cute to see you actually sing it.