memories slideshow

Monday, March 20, 2006

Rain, Sleet & SNOW!

I knew there was a big strom brewing, so I decided to rent an SUV for safety to drive up to attend the funeral. I left about 7 am, and was literally taken aback at how cold it was when I walked outside. I live barely a block from the beach and was only about a mile away when I realized it wasn't rain or hail sticking to the car, but freakin snow flakes! I started looking around to notice layers of snow on the ground between the orange trees. Slush started building up on the road in front of me and I just couldn't quite believe it!

I pulled over and got a shot of the snow falling and beginning to fill up a field. The temp gauge on the rearview mirror read 32 degrees!


Then, it mostly cleared up for a while but about 30 minutes later I came across several inches of snow everywhere I looked. I got some shots of that too (and will post all pics when I can) I had to get pictures, no one would believe that it was fully snowing in the coastal valleys of California, I barely believe it and I was right in the middle.


It was very lovely and peaceful. probably only because its so rare, but it sure was a beautiful view and a nice little surprise for a long and kind of sad drive. I used to go to the snow with my grandparents a lot, and I had them on my mind with the passing of my uncle, and it just seemed sort of appropriate, if completely out of the ordinary!
:O)

No comments: