memories slideshow

Friday, March 10, 2006

R.I.P. Uncle Otis

My Uncle Otis passed away this week and I am heading up to the funeral services tommorrow. Otis was just a great guy, I loved to listen to him talk with the heavy Boston accent he never lost despite living most of his adult life in California. He made me feel so special, so loved and seemed to delight in becoming my substitute grandfather when mine passed away when I was 3. I sadly realize today that I don't know nearly enough about him, and still had about 8 million questions to ask him about my grandparents. Yet, one thing that I keep thinking about is how full and happy and long his life seemed to be. I suspect that he is a larger influence than I realize and may become one of many fabulous people I aspire to emulate. So, if you are so inclined, please take a moment to wish a good thought to his friends and family - and remember to ask and tell your loved ones the important things, while you can.

peace and love! - me

2 comments:

Leslie Wilson Corsbie said...

With a name like Otis, how can not adore him?
I will call my daddy this weekend and tell him I LOVE HIM.

Anonymous said...

my condolence to you and your family.

a.