memories slideshow

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

meet my new baby

ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to my new baby, I am sooooo in love:



Cute, huh!?


the car I am replacing was a snap decision used car purchase, bought soley for practicality and was only ever supposed to be an 8 month commuter car just to help me save gas until I could move closer to the job I had at the time - that was 1998. The "little ghetto civic" as it is affectionately known, now has over 160,000 miles, has been broken into 3 times, was almost totalled in an accident, is full of memories, needs more work than I want to pay for at this point, and has an identity crisis trying to decide if it is a race car or a truck. It has been good to me but it is time to let it go. I already have a buyer for it, and I really love the new black beauty, but I still feel a little sad thinking about giving it up, but hey it is going to a really nice kid who will take good care of it.

The brand new car, although practical, is also somewhat of a luxury. I have never even really considered buying a brand new car, the whole losing value as soon as you drive off the car lot thing...but this is both form and function. I decided as long as I was going big, I might as well go huge, so I got the special edition with the extras, and since its new and interest rates are decent, it will end up costing about the same as a used one, so bonus for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, gave the little Honda up? is the new car black. Black is your color

lots of memories

A.