memories slideshow

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Belly dancing - shake everything you got!

One of the true joys in life is unexpected fun! Last evening, after suffering a long, somewhat stressful day at work, I got a phone call from a good friend inviting me to belly dancing lessons at a local community center. I only had 5 minutes to get ready and leave in enough time to get there on time, but I still heard myself say yes!

I am so glad I did, it was so much freakin' fun! The class was about an hour, there were probably 20 ladies in attendance and the instructor is a very Earth Mother type of woman who was so warm and welcoming and so glad we joined her class. The music was great, the community was great, my dancing was somewhat lacking, but I was smiling the whole time. We decided we are going to join the class which meets once a week and I have already been practicing. It was just what I needed, exactly when I needed it, I just love it when that happens!! :O)

No comments: