memories slideshow

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Just out walking the turtle...


So my mom was here visiting the weekend before last and she went out front to walk down to the local market, but within about a minute of her leaving, I heard her step back onto the porch and come back into the house. Of course I made the obvious joke that she had been gone a long time and asked her what was up.

"You gotta come see this, there is a woman outside walking her turtle!" She explains.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask thinking I hadn't heard her correctly...

"There is a turtle, on a leash, being walked by a woman, I assume a neighbor of yours, outside, right now, come see." She replies speaking very slowly in case I am having trouble following her.

I walk outside and sure enough, there is a tortoise on a leash. So we proceed to say hello and ask how old he is, and if she walks him often, to which she replies that he is two and she takes him for walks about every other day or so. I have to say that this is both one of the oddest things I have ever seen here and also one of the coolest. :O)

No comments: