memories slideshow

Monday, September 08, 2008

"...you were always on my mind..."


I really should be finishing my report and I am still unpacking from the weekend and re-packing to go back up again to the office tomorrow morning, but I don't want too much time to pass before noting how great the weekend was!

Camping Friday night was lots of fun, it was nice to see some of the people that we met up with that haven't been seen for a while and met some cool new friends as well. The best part for me was making a last minute executive decision to forgo the tent and sleep on the beach under the stars! The weather was beautiful and the night sky so clear. It has been years since I did that and it just felt wonderful. Wishing on the shooting stars, singing songs, chatting with friends, listening to the never-ending crash of the waves rolling in, it was glorious. I really need to sleep on the beach more often, especially since it is only a block away and I know plenty of spots that are both safe and a bit hidden from the beaten path. =o)


The Willie Nelson concert was so so so good! What an incredible performer, songwriter and musician he is!!! He played many of my favorite songs and was close enough to see us blowing kisses to him and blew a few kisses back to us! So freakin' cool! =o)


Spa day was great too and we spent the afternoon (after our appointments), just cruising state street, shopping, chatting and stopping to nibble here and there. We ended up stopping at the hitching post in buellton on the way home for dinner, had the scrumptious grilled artichokes and the always fabulous steak dinner, and as an added treat got to hang out and have a nice glass of wine with one of our friends there, who usually doesn't work on Sunday, but happened to last night. All just delightful.

No comments: