memories slideshow

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Fall-ing

Although we are definately experiencing "Indian Summer" days, I still feel Fall coming on. I can feel it in the light of the day, in the chill of the evening, in my bones. I feel the pull to hibernate, to eat and drink hot things, to ready the house for the coming Winter. In fact, a fire burns in the woodburning stove of my little livingroom as I write this and a cup of hot tea is brewing.

As much as I dearly love the spring and summer, sun girl that I am, I do like Autumn. The colors, the scents, the happy memories. Fall cooking and baking are some of my favorite things about the season. In my kitchen, two small pumpkins await the honor of becoming a delicious from scratch spicy pumpkin pie. Holiday spirit starts to fill the air and I still feel a little bit of that childlike magic thinking about Halloween being just around the corner.

I am ready for hot apple cider, big comfy sweaters, and cozing up to a good book by the fire. And they say we don't have seasons in California :O)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you painted a beautiful picture...