memories slideshow

Sunday, October 10, 2004

a few good stories

Several years ago now, I was driving and listening to the radio, and this guy had called in and was telling the DJ about this "one great weekend of debauchery" that he thought was such a "GREAT STORY".

I have no idea why I didn't change the station because the story was completely lame and even more poorly told, but I digress... at the end he said something that really struck me:
"Most people are lucky if they have one or two good stories in life, and that is one of mine."

Now, of course, I HAVE to say that I think the fact that his stupid story was was one of his best is pretty damn sad, but aside from the subjectiveness of the quality of either the stories' content or delivery........

One or two good stories?? Okay probably a few more yes, but DAMN, is that common? People say to me sometimes that they think it is so cool that I have all these stories I tell, but I have always thought that a lot people just don't pay attention, it's not that they don't have things that are noteworthy that happen to them. In fairness, this may not be high on everyone's priority list. For me however, this is paramount, and by that, then, I am blessed.

No comments: