memories slideshow

Friday, June 20, 2008

Heat Wave

It was easily 100 degrees this morning at 9:30 am, we are really getting the summer out of this solstice! :)

I think it is the first time here that I have ever had to keep the windows shut to keep the heat out. But this is just observance, not a complaint, because it is so beautiful and clear and it feels so fabulously Friday today!

I am sure some of it is because I have put in a ton of overtime this week because two of team mates are on holiday and I have been picking up the slack for them, in addition to my regular projects. On the plus side of this, I plan to log off early without guilt and take a nice long beach walk (& possibly an ocean swim) which will probably end in the cool shade of a schoonies window for sunset and the hope of a green flash, with a bunch of friends and some ice cold adult beverages.

The other plus, is that I had to do some testing for work with blogs this week (thus also adding to the recent flurry of posts lately) and along the way, I figured out how to add my music playlist to my blog. This pleases me greatly!! :) So now we will all have items for our listening pleasure while digesting the latest posts. It is practically a full sensory experience now! LOL! The only downside is that it is a little bit limited, there were many other songs I wanted to add but wasn't able to, but still, it's a good start and I have only just begun, so more will arrive over time. It loads automatically, but please note that you can control it: play, pause, volume and even selecting which song plays. Heck, I'll even take requests, and if I can find it, I'll add it in. :)

Well, it is now close to 12:30, its around 104 and I am beyond ready to get this screen out of my face for a few hours! I suspect it will be a busy weekend in town with all the valley folks trying to beat the heat, only to discover its actually as hot or hotter here, which means for me that it could be a quiet weekend of trying to avoiding tourists, or a crazy one entertaining them...around here, ya just never know!

I suspect it will be a good weekend for collecting tourists quotes, one of my favorite summer traditions. Which reminds me that the winner so far this season is a tourist asking a grocery clerk "What time do they put the seashells out on the beach" ...

Stay cool! xoxoxoxox

No comments: