memories slideshow

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More Happy Camping



Last Fall, I got a chance to take a trip out to the Channel Islands and was able to visit two separate areas of the largest Island, Santa Cruz. It was one of the best things I did last year. I really enjoyed the people that we went with and I got some beautiful shots, a few of which are my favorites of all time. The whole experience felt special and unique, though the island is visited often throughout the year, they have done an excellent job of keeping that sacred ground feeling and at times it was so foggy, we couldn't see beyond a few feet of ocean and it really felt like we were living in a world far away from everyone and everything else. It was just a pretty standard day trip, but very moving and thought provoking and I left feeling like I would love to go again as often as possible and explore all of the islands.


Today, I am so freakin' excited because I was just invited to a 3 day camping trip, near the beginning of August, on the island of Santa Rosa, which is only possible seasonally. The idea of being on one of the island's that is visited the least, being there with great people, having 3 days to explore, hike, rest, contemplate, take pictures and just soak it all up, is generally making me ecstatic! I can hardly wait! Tons of history and artifacts, white sand beaches, a few hours on the ocean, a huge painted cave, seriously, what could be better? Thank goodness I have lots of other fun things planned in the meantime or it would be a little unbearable to wait!




Add in a side trip to Sushi Marina for green mussels and you've got one of my versions of paradise.

No comments: