memories slideshow

Thursday, June 26, 2008

never leave the house without a camera

see, I know this - I know I should never leave my house without my camera, and yet occasionally I do, either because it slipped my mind to take it or because I thought for whatever brief reason I was going to be out and about, that I just wouldn't need it...

So of course the first thing I saw when I left for a little beach walk last evening was a young man walking down the street, he was carrying and actually playing a guitar (impressive considering it was large and he didn't have a strap) and because of this, he had his head slightly bowed, which made it much easier to see the Raiders logo in the front of his hat and harder to see the smoldering cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth. I don't know him, in fact he is likely one of those very rare people that probably lives here but that I have never seen. Despite this, I blurted out: "Wow, what a great picture that is!" and although he was probably thinking - "whatever crazy lady!" - he responded quite warmly and we had a brief neighborly exchange. It would have been an incredible picture, words just can't do it justice - here is this skinny kid, head bowed, just walking down the street strumming a guitar, and it was just really something - that I now super super wish, I had a picture of to show!

The next thing I saw was 6 kite surfers with some of the most beautiful colored kites flying in the air above them, that again, I would love to show...

I will not leave my house without my camera! :)

No comments: