memories slideshow

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A little vacation

Re-entry back into my daily routine was a bit brutal coming off of one of the best little vacations I have taken. The last night, sitting around what may be the most blazing campfire I can recall, we actually discussed how hard it would be to try to explain to anyone who wasn't there just exactly what went on, but unless you were there, it's pretty tough.

I met all of these just wonderful people and so much happened in like two days that it felt like we had all been hanging out for like a month. One of the reasons I so love where I live is the true community aspect we have all created, and it was remarkably similar on this trip, definitely a bit of the kindred spirits feel. I can't remember the last time I laughed that much and for what feels like days on end.



I could write probably paragraphs of the little inside jokes that got created on the fly, and my friends who weren't there just aren't going to understand why almost anything having to do with Russia is funny and why I now slip into this really bad fake Russian accent occasionally, or why I am considered something of a rock star at Nepenthe's, my new appreciation for kayaking, why a six pack is going to send me into peels of giggles, why I will offer to sage anyone that needs a little luck and protection, why I think a show about fire protection would be fabulous and thus why when Hewell Houser says "it's amazing" I am going to fall off my chair laughing, why I am having a custom shovel made at the hardware store, or even how given all this it was even possible that at the last moment I almost didn't go because my best friend who I planned the trip with wasn't able to.



It was everything a good vacation should be, time away to unplug, time with friends, making new friends, laughing, reflecting, getting some exercise and seeing new things, getting a little dusty, stargazing, appreciating the astounding beauty of nature, sharing, making music, drinking a little too much wine, getting a fresh perspective and having a great time! I know without a doubt that I will be taking pieces of it with me all of my life.


I don't even have the words to convey my gratitude nor this huge profound feeling it seems to have created but can't even begin to explain. "It's amazing" (laughing my ass off) that we as a culture have made life so complicated. The basic simplicity I find when camping really brings home the fact that simple can be so much better and I'd like to find ways to create more of that in my life.



Here's hoping each of you is able to get out of your daily grind for a bit this summer to rediscover the wonder of Mother Nature and maybe even a little piece of yourself you didn't even realize was missing! Even a short trip can go a very long way!



Peace and Love and Light and Joy to all my relations! :) xo

No comments: