memories slideshow

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

update to: deep thoughts/journey's end

I was telling a friend over the weekend about my reaction to the Journey's End sign. I thought her comments were noteworthy. This post will likely make little sense if you have not read the previous one.

She said that she has seen the sign also and they she actually had a different perspective, that to her it meant that they were travellers, and that the house is where they come to rest in between. Basically that at the end of each journey they return there.

I thought it was a cool take on the whole deal and I thought it was good to hear another view and it made me feel more positive about it, like I can walk by the house again without feeling so heavy. It also made me realize that although a bit morose, my reaction and subsequent thoughts had value for me, and relate to where I am in my life and the things on my mind, and my plans and goals. Reaffirming for me my belief that things happen for a reason, in the time and way they are meant to.

Thanks D for a fresh perspective, for a lovely chat, a great glass of wine, a little too much sun, for making me feel welcome, and for a really nice day.

No comments: