memories slideshow

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Football: pools, fantasy, etc.

I just never was a big football fan. I liked watching baseball, at the ballpark. My Dad never really seemed to be a football fan, but then suddenly he was was, and my brother had been growing into one, and my StepDad liked it a lot but adored Basketball...

I moved last year back to my coastal college town, and found myself joining a football pool with my roommate. It gave us something to talk about when we went out and it became really fun to go out and watch a game somewhere and cheer with the other pleasantly buzzed folks in the bar; and the prospect of winning a little money wasn't so bad either. ;O)

So this year, when a co-worker and friend said they needed me to join the fantasy league, and it occurred to me that it could ultimately help me win the football pool...Of course I caved, and joined.

I find it somewhat surprising that I am now involved in 2 football related pastimes, that require the watching and study of football, which I am learning to enjoy, but still never really had a big desire for. Oh, and one more thing: like I really have time for this, too!! Well, a girl has to have a few pastimes right, oh wait, I do, about 100 of them that I am already not getting to! It really is fun to notice sometimes, what you find yourself unexpectedly and sort of out of character doing and then wondering where it will lead...

I need Kansas City to win today to stay in this years pool, last year I got eliminated on the first freakin game, I am really hoping to go all the way this year...go Chiefs, please!

I am at heart a Raiders fan, but this year is beginning to look at lot like last year, hang on to your helmets fans!

No comments: