memories slideshow

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Tuckers & Hangers

So, I have this theory. I guess you could say its similar to the whole men prefer either Ginger or MaryAnn thing, or left-brained vs. right-brained, and it basically goes like this: Most people fall into 2 categories and you can tell a lot about a person by deciding which they are. Some, like any stereotype, fall somewhere in between (ie: mostly one or the other, or a fairly integrated both)

Tuckers - simply defined- are those who feel it necessary to tuck their shirts in, not because they have to, but because it doesn't "feel right" not to.

Hangers then, are those who only tuck in their shirts when necessary.

Sounds rediculous? Try it.
~ Pick a day
~ Make an effort to check out everyone you can see
~ Notice first whether their shirt is tucked or hanging
~ Try to discerne if this is by choice or by force (picking a weekend day helps with this a lot)
~ Once you believe they are a "T" or an "H" begin to observe things about their personality

I myself am a natural Hanger - 100%, I absolutely hate tucking my shirt in, and always have. Verses my ex-fiance a complete Tucker. I will use he and I as an example below for your reference:

Me: liberal - Him: conservative
Me: spiritual - Him: religious
Me: funloving - Him: safety first
Me: beach girl - Him: mountain boy

I don't at all imply (nor feel) that one is better than another, just a notice that was observed while I was teaching 5 year olds one year. It's an informal personality test if you will, fun at parties, and not a bad little guide when picking friends or lovers - you may notice I said ex-fiance, wonderful person (love him still...er...maybe too much) however in our case, a 100% Tucker and a 100% Hanger wasn't so much a positive in the long term department. However, I do have some great Tucker friends, many of whom love this little game; and me...Hanger and all! Enjoy!

Note: this is for silly fun only!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ex-fiance??????? you are funny!!! :0)